Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why my mom is awesome

Happy Mother's Day everyone.


Today's super happy fun time is brought to you by my mother, who is awesome for a number of reasons, list to follow:


1. When asked "how are you today?" she responds with Just Ducky, which I am told falls slightly below "peachy"


2. She has kept "Smooth move ex-lax" alive as an insult


3. She is up to date on the number of times Bret Michaels uses the word "awesome" on The Rock of Love

-- See link to the Columbus Dispatch where this has been tracked

http://wwwphp.dispatch.com/flipside/flipside.php?story=dispatch/2008/04/16/20080416-D10-04.html

-- What exactly does "awesome" mean? http://wwwphp.dispatch.com/flipside/flipside.php?story=dispatch/2008/04/16/20080416-D10-11.html

4. Her favorite recent songs are "Get this party started" by Pink and "Aint No Holla Back Girl" by Gwen Stefani. If you ask nicely she will sing either song for you on request, and there may not be anything funnier than a 50-something women singing that she ain't no holla back girl


______________________________________________________

Next Weeks Super Happy Fun Time - Ninjas! Ninjas! Ninjas!

3 comments:

GeenBean said...

When your mom sings Hollaback Girl, does she hire a troop of Japanese backup dancers?

Anonymous said...

As a quasi-luddite who is not up on the videos of my favorite songs (I listen to them, on the radio, GASP!) I was not aware that others were expecting backup dancers. But then, I was not expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

And thanks, MRant, for telling your entire readership my age! I may BE 50-something, but I don't feel a day older than 49.

Anonymous said...

No body expects the Spanish Inquisition!