Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy International Migratory Bird Day

Yes ladies and gentlemen, today is International Migratory Bird Day!

How will you spend this sacred occasion? I will be celebrating our fleeing feathered friends along with millions of my fellow "bird shit" worshipers at the International Migratory Bird Day Festival in DC. I have graciously included the details below:

Overview
Guided walks, children's games and other games are on tap as the park celebrates the theme of "Tundra to Tropics: Connecting Birds, Habitats and People."

6:30 a.m. Saturday, May 10
Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens
1550 Anacostia Ave. NE Washington, DC

As an alternative, you could also celebrate by attending the National Train Day festivities at Union Station where, if you are extremely well behaved, Santa Claus may grant you with the joy of meeting Al Rocker who is making a "celebrity" appearance. http://www.nationaltrainday.com/

OR for those of you who are in bed with Satan and do not like Birds or Trains, you can attend some free classes today during "Learn-a-Palooza" http://www.learnapaloozadc.com/workshops/list

Some of my favorite offerings are the "Driving on Waste Veggie Oil" and "Be a Brazen Burlesque Performer


Till we meet again
--Your friendly acquaintance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't know or wasn't told about Learn-a-Palooza BEFORE it happened. I've been told that my dancing sucks, and one of the classes was Learn to Dance at a Party. Thanks a lot, MRant Lady! How else will I shed my dorky dance image by October? (fully expecting all other dorky images of myself to remain intact) DQ